Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 4 August 2014

“I Had The Best Mother In The World” – Akunyili’s Last Kid



Fashola 3
Obuneme On glasses

Mr Obumneme Akunyili, the last child of the late Prof. Dora Akunyili, has described his  mother as a role model who has helped him realised his life potential. He made this known when he spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Agulu, Anambra, on Monday. 
Obumneme, who studied psychology at the University of Maryland, United States, said he was overwhelmed by the outpouring of emotion and love which the family had received from Nigerians since the demise of his mum 

 The son, who just completed his national service at the National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC), said he was hopeful after her death  because life is  still worth living.

 He said the family members were  preoccupied with burial plans for his mother. “I  Will miss her; she was my role model, a great woman who made me become whom I am today, 



{Clockwise} Ijeoma, Edozie, Somto, Njideka, Chidiogo, Obumneme
Akunyili's Family Picture 

“I think I had the best mother in the world and there is nothing that can change that opinion; she is gone but I know she is still with us in spirit. “There is no blueprint as to how life is going to be without her.

 “We are faced with the burial plans for now and after that I will see what the future holds for me but somehow I know that God will make a way. “I know people miss my mum. I thank them for their sympathy. 

It is joyous to see how much people genuinely care about her and it is astounding and inspiring,” he said. 

The late Akunyili, a former Minister of Information and Communications and Director-General, National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control, will be buried on Aug. 28 in her country home. (NAN)


No comments:

Post a Comment