Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 5 June 2015

Femi Adesina: How My Publisher Orji Uzor Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' Newspaper To To Serve Buhari As Presidential Spokesman



Femi Adesina




” How do you begin a valedictory piece? How do you start to say goodbye to people you have shared almost everything with .

Next week, I will formally resume the position I’ve been offered. Have I now changed my opinion about serving in government? No.


So, why am I going? Simple.

Because it is a Muhammadu Buhari government. He can make a difference in Nigeria and he needs all good hands on deck. Do I consider myself a good hand?

“Let me leave the answer to the Publisher of this newspaper…Dr Orji Uzor Kalu.

When I first discussed the idea of going to serve in government with him, he first let out a big sigh.He kept quiet for some minutes, and then said:

“Baba Femo (that’s how he calls me). You have my blessings to go and serve.because President Buhari will need good people round him. But the government will never know the sacrifice I’m making by letting you go.

You run my business honestly, and have returned the highest profit so far in the history of the company.

The investors, the staff, everyone is happy. But I will make the sacrifice, and release you to serve in government….Since the news of my impending exit broke, not a few staff members have  come to my ofce to weep. Some rain had fallen from my eyes, too.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment