Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 30 July 2015

Social Media Favorite Gay Dads, Kordale & Kaleb End their Engagement (Photos) -

Where it all began: Kordale Lewis (L) and Caleb Anthony (R), who hit the headlines back in January 2014 with this famous photo with their children, are breaking up


Two fathers who were made famous when an Instagram image of them doing their daughters' hair in the morning went viral have broken up.

Kordale Lewis, 26, and Caleb Anthony, 27, from Atlanta, Georgia, became overnight sensations with the photo in January 2014 and have since starred in a powerful ad campaign for Nikon promoting acceptance.

But fans of the couple were blindsided when Caleb - who had previously gone by the spelling Kaleb - made a series of posts on Instagram, which have since been removed, including a long letter explaining that he was leaving Kordale, breaking off their engagement.





B. Scott, who obtained screen shots of the posts before they were deleted, reports that Caleb blamed a 'screwed up situation that has recently transpired between [Kordale] and me,' for the break-up.

'My love for them will always prevail even if "Daddy" and I are no longer together,' Caleb wrote of the couple's three children, Desmiray, 8, Malia, 7, and Kordale Jr., 6. 'Truthfully, they are the ONLY reason I am sad to leave and move on.'

Although he did not elaborate on specifics around the split, Caleb claimed he had been 'disrespected' by his long-time love.

'I cannot sit here and act like I was not part of the demise of "KordalenKaleb", but at no point do I or anyone else deserve to be disrespected the way I was and to continue it on while we’re together as a family on vacation,' he said.

Family photo: Caleb, then going by 'Kaleb',  starred with Kordale and their three children, Desmiray, Malia, and Kordale Jr. for a Nikon ad earlier this year


'You should never have to question your worth or [compromise] your morals when you’re with your soulmate; it doesn't work out that way … I am happy to be "Caleb" again.

'I still love him,' Caleb admitted. 'But I love myself more.'




The end: Caleb posted a lengthy Instagram post, which has since been removed, saying he was leaving Kordale over a 'screwed up situation that has recently transpired'

Read the full post below



My love for our kids will always prevail even if ‘Daddy’ and I are no longer together,” Truthfully, they are the ONLY reason I am sad to leave and move on.”


“You should never have to question your worth or [compromise] your morals when you’re with your soulmate; it doesn’t work out that way … I am happy to be ‘Caleb’ again.

I still love him. I’m willing to start over with MYSELF and find who I really am. I cannot sit here and act like I was not part of the demise of ‘KordalenKaleb,’ but at no point do I or anyone else deserve to be disrespected the way I was and to continue it on while we’re together as a family on vacation.
Final shot: After deleting the posts, Caleb also deleted several pictures featuring Kordale off of the couple's joint Instagram page



I don’t want to be fifty-five resenting myself and my relationship for shit I was not man enough to stand up to in my prime years, so I’m happy I finally took this stand and I’m telling you to not be afraid to walk away when it’s not right,” he continued. “Love is a beautiful thing when it is with the right person. When that person isn’t leading you on, and he or she is TRUE TO YOU.”

Split: The break-up of the couple, who gained fame for snippets from their life on their Instagram account, has shocked many of their fans

In addition to removing the posts, Caleb also apparently deleted several pictures featuring Kordale from the page, using a solo photo for the profile.

The split has shocked many of the couple's supporters, especially since there didn't seem to be signs of trouble between the pair coming across on social media. In fact, the couple tweeted just last month that: 'Next month we will start to plan our wedding!!im overexcited! #lovewins #kordalenkalebwedding. [sic]'
Oldest sister: Desmiray, 8, is the eldest of Caleb and Kordale's three children


Speculation among followers that Kordale had been unfaithful was fueled by Caleb making several references to someone named Anthony Jones in his since-deleted posts, as well as in a tweet that remains on the couple's joint account, calling the unknown person 'the real MVP!'
Everyday routine: The fathers were chosen to star in a Nikon ad earlier this year, where they told critics that 'you can't judge our normal'

Kordale, who recently released a memoir about the couple's experience called Picture Perfect, has yet to publicly comment on Caleb's statement

No comments:

Post a Comment