Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday 5 April 2014

I Keep my Dreadlocks as a Vow –Daddy Showkey





 Popular musician, Daddy Showkey, in a new interview with Punch has explained why he wears dreadlocks even though he's not a reggae artiste.
Excerpts:
  • What is the story behind your dreadlocks yet you are not a reggae artiste?
I have had this dread for over 22 years. I don’t have to be a reggae musician to wear dreads. Reggae is from Jamaica, galala is Nigerian. There are reggae musicians that don’t have dreadlocks. My own dreadlock is a vow between me and God. I told God that if I, a nobody from Ajegunle,  become someone that the world would know, I would not cut my hair again. It is a vow that I made. Many people do it for fashion but I don’t do it for fashion. God has kept his side of the vow, so it is left for me to keep my part of the vow. 
  • You claim not to take alcohol anymore. Is it true?
I stopped taking alcohol about a year and five months now. I have found out that there is time for everything. There comes a time you have to stay away from some things because at the end of the day, if you have any illness, you would be left alone to deal with it.  I don’t drink alcohol and I do not smoke again. I have never smoked Indian hemp in my life.
                     

1 comment: