Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 23 January 2015

Photos From President Jonathan's Sister Burial






 President Goodluck Jonathan's  younger sister, Nancy Jonathan-Olei, has been buried in Bayelsa State. The funeral service, which held at St. Stephen’s Anglican Church in Otuoke, was attended by a somber-looking Jonathan and his wife, Patience.

Mrs. Jonathan-Olei died on January 4 at the age of 52 and according to President GEJ, she died of a heart related ailment. Speaking at her funeral, he said:

    "Nancy that died was my immediate younger sister, though we were not from the same mother.I was very sad when she died because I knew she has been passing through pains for a very long time. Sometimes I felt God has been really kind to her.

    She started developing problems with her heart when I was deputy governor, then I started asking questions. I asked my personal physician where do we treat her. My doctor told me that the nearest place to treat her was Ghana. So I said we have so many teaching hospitals in Nigeria and none can attempt to work on a human heart. I was worried.

    But today I am happy that University of Ibadan is handling open heart surgery. We thank God she was able to live above the golden age of 50.”

Mrs. Jonathan-Olei is survived by her children, grand-children and siblings including President Jonathan, Sir Ariolo Ebele Jonathan, Mr. Evans Jonathan, Madam Obebhatein Jonathan, Mrs. Dorcas Awo, Mrs. Stella Donald, Mrs. Aziboni Abuge and Miss Dagao-apu Jonathan.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I
    will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

    My homepage :: Womens Nike Air Max 2012

    ReplyDelete