Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Kerry Washington Reveals Her Igbo Name



kerry washington
Kerry Washington With Her Husband Nnamdi


Pretty Hollywood actress, kerry Washington has disclosed her new middle name..Kerry who got married to former NFL star, Nnamdi Asomugha in July 2013, told InStyle that her new name, Ogechi, was given to her by her mother-in-law.

    "Nnamdi’s parents are Nigerian immigrants. His father passed when he was young. When you marry into the Igbo culture, you get a new name. My name is Ogechi. I wear it on a necklace my mother-in-law gave me."

The actress revealed she isn't the only one with a 'Nigerian' name in her home. Her daughter also has one.

    "My daughter’s name is Isabelle Amarachi. Isabelle is my grandmother’s name. She was a bad-ass. She’d be scowling if she knew I called her that, but she was an immigrant from Jamaica who raised seven children alone in the Bronx. Isabelle’s middle name, Amarachi is Igbo for 'God’s grace'."

1 comment: