Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 17 December 2013

*A Must Read* How My Unwanted Pregnancy Turned To Be A Blessing. A Courageous Lady Shares Her Story



My name is Inem and I'd like to encourage someone today, here's my story.

During my industrial attachment (my 4th year), I found out I was 4 months pregnant. It was hell for me because my parents are renowned people in church.  

I made up my mind not to abort and told my then boyfriend.
He insisted I aborted but thank God I was 'stubborn'.   
I prayed, summoned up courage, went and told my parents….. Damn!!
They were disappointed. Mom cried, never seen her look so disappointed.  

To cut the long story short, my expected delivery date (EDD) was March 2012 but school was to resume Dec. 2011. Remember early 2012 ASUU strike? It was in my favor, God just made it for me.  
8 days 2 my EDD, I delivered a beautiful bouncing baby girl.  She's brought joy and uncountable blessings my way.   
News of my pregnancy did spread like wildfire, people said a lot of hurting stuff. The guy responsible for my pregnancy never called for once.  
He blocked me from all social networks we were on and warned me not to call him. I passed through serious emotional stress. I cried, I prayed, I was down, felt so bad. I even thought of suspending my education.....it was that bad! 
Finally, I prayed for the grace to carry on when I got back to school.  One thing I never did - I didn't regret keeping that pregnancy!!! 
Well, I completed my education. I didn't give up.. I'm now a graduate of Electrical/Electronics engineering.. (No extra year). Currently serving in Ondo state.  
You see, if you find yourself in a situation that is not death, there is always a way out. Never give up.  
Now, though single, I look at my baby with great joy. She's just a year-plus but a very smart girl. She amazes me.  
Please don't let life's situation weigh you down. Hold your head up high and damn side talks.. Make up your mind to pull through it and you will. Others did, I did, so can you!!!!  
Have a great day. My daughter's pictures: 








6 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww... This is so nice. I'm happy for her. God will see her through life's journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Inem, do not worry. That guy is the looser. He'll regret his action all his life. He shall to have peace unless he takes up his responsibility.

    ReplyDelete

  3. My dear Inem, do not worry. That guy is the looser. He'll regret his action all his life. He shall not have peace unless he takes up his responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome perseverance is the key word. The man will leave to regret his wicked actions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms Inem,under this circumstances you have done well,but it is always better for most things in life to be well planed whenever possible,and I would advice other young woman out there to do the right thing and make sure that the kids they brought into this world to have a father and a mother.And you cannot disappoint your parents and your loved ones with impunity and think there will be no consequences, you know better now.Maybe you are not apprehensive of the troubles in our time,our youths and everyone else going nuts,killing humans like animal,kidnapping,cults just to mention a few and how these are associated with broken families etc.Four eyes are better than two you all.

    ReplyDelete