Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday 14 December 2013

I’ve No Apology For Being Flamboyant – Bishop Tom Samson



Delta State-born Bishop Tom Samson of Christ Royal Family International Church in a new interview with Punch defends his flamboyant lifestyle:

People say that you are a flamboyant pastor, how would you react to that?

It is because of where I am coming from.

In fact, your neck chain has been described as expensive, just like those worn by Nollywood stars…

It is because they don’t know where I am coming from.
I am here to make a statement, including the way I build my buildings. Look at this facility, the one  in Ikeja, you also need to come to Royal City. The crown on the building alone costs a lot.
Even the school I build must spell class, the hospital and so on, the cars I drive, the clothes I wear – they are all a reflection of what God can do.
I will never do anything inferior for God.

Who says that being flamboyant is satanic? Satan has nothing.
The Bible says, “I give you power to get wealth.” Even if I look expensive, it is more of what I give out than what I wear or have. Between last year and now, I have given out about 20 cars to those who needed them – especially missionaries.
Where I live, the people didn’t have electricity supply for four years. I had to intervene with transformer and accessories. I depict and reflect God.
My message is that God can lift anyone.
I tell the whites that being a Nigerian doesn’t mean one has to beg.
In Florida, a man of God wanted to know what needs we had in our church and I said I would rather ask him that question and I gave him $2,000. God’s word says it is more blessed to give than to receive. I finance all my churches abroad.

So, you have no apologies for being so flamboyant?

No, I don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment