Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 13 June 2014

Businessman commits suicide after testing HIV positive in Anambra


IG of Police 
A businessman, identified simply as Ihejirika, based in Nnewi, Anambra was said to have committed suicide after the HIV test he undertook at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH) Nnewi, came out positive.

According to reports, the late Ihejirika, became ill and was rushed to the teaching hospital after undergoing several treatments which failed to work, he was diagnosed to have been positive to Human Immunodeficiency Virus.



After his status was revealed to him, the deceased was said to have cried and subsequently slit his own throat with a sharp kitchen knife.

Nigerian Tribune reports:


The late Ihejirika, who deals in motorcycle spare parts at Nnewi main market, disappeared from his hospital bed and when his relations later came looking for him, his body was discovered at the back of the central pharmacy of the hospital, lying dead in a pool of his blood,  with a sharp kitchen knife in his right hand.

The deceased was said to be doing well in his motorcycle spare parts business and was from Abo Mbaise, in Imo State and the only son of his parents, residing at Otolo Nnewi in Anambra State from where he was admitted to the hospital.

When Nigerian Tribune visited his residence in Otolo Nnewi, his wife and people of his town living in Nnewi gathered there, wearing long faces and none of them agreed to speak to newsmen.

At the Central police station in Nnewi, the police refused to talk but directed our correspondent to the police headquarters in Awka, where the PPRO, Mr Emeka Chukwuemeka, (DSP) said the report had not reached them.

4 comments:

  1. Ife di n' ukwu! But ignorance is a disease. Its high time people realised that u can live a normal life with HIV. Killing oneself is not an option. Above all, pple shld learn to live a godly life and stop wakawaka. AIDS is a killer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is sad news. Having been managing thousands of People Living with HIV and also training health workers to offer same service, I assure you that this man just died for nothing. Ignorance is dangerous. HIV is managed these days as a chronic ailment just like Diabetes and Hypertension. So many People Living with HIV (PLHIV) have been living normal healthy lives for almost 20 years now. Let's stop the stigma. Let's prevent HIV spread. Let's Keep Hope Alive!

      Delete

    2. i will thank Mrs Bernelle for letting the world knows the powerful man that help her from AIDS disease. This was what i have all my life been waiting for since i was infected by HIV last 6 months. I always spend money for drugs always but still yet my weight becomes poorer and my joint always getting painful and inching all day. But when i met this comment last 3 days, i quickly contacted Dr OKOSEE the Traditional helper. He is from the western part of Africa, i didn't spend much as i spent for drugs each day, and i for the fact truly reason this because my life was already as take by this disease called AIDS. Truly, when it was 9 o'clock on Monday this week he called me that his oracle urgently required some few life items to enable the disease wipe out successfully, then i was asked to send down 200usd ($). Which i did. He truly bought the items and surprisingly, yesterday afternoon Dr okoje called me that my work has been finally done and it work out well. I was glad and he told me to rush down to my hospital for checkup. Which i really did, my brothers and sisters i went down crying because no one has ever done this to a person in life. Dr OKOSEE truly healed me. I was crying it was a dream to my eyes when the doctor said to me that I am HIV NEGATIVE. I am now a free born in life, am now like other people who now think things like human. For these days and forever, i will accept Dr OKOSEE as my father and my healer and helper. He is a great man. Thank you sir. I know i cant reward you. But my God in heaven can. Thank you sir once again.
      Regards.
      Email him now for your problem solve at:
      ( DR.OKOSEE@GMAIL.COM OR +2348069652500

      Delete
    3. good they every body i have a testimony to seal is like manageress i was HIV positive for good 4year then i met a friend in facebook and will were tit friend and she introduces me to a man that have conshent , after that him ask me to bay some items wish i did but i didn't believe him that him can cure HIV, but i take a risk to get the items wish the man yous for me ,then him ask me to trust him and believe him then i have to do that ,i call my friend then i ask her can him cure me she sled yes but you most trust him then i do just that but i did not believe him ,
      DR OKOSEE call me that after 5awers i should go for a chick up which i did then i fine myself negative i was very happy then i call DR OKOSEE to apposite what hie did and his ORACLE if you need him to get you cured you can EMAIL him now okay
      DR.OKOSEE@GMAIL.COM OR CALL HIM NOW +2348069652500

      Delete