Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday 28 June 2014

Uche Ogbodo's 'Marriage' to Footballer Arthur Apo Is Over As Her Parents-In-Law Insist Her Bride Price Was Paid







Heavily pregnant Nollywood actress, Uche Ogbodo, who has been in the States for some time now to have her baby, has just revealed in a new interview that her 'marriage' to Norway based ex footballer Ato is over.

Confirming the split to Stella Dimokokorkus, a tearful Uche, breathing heavily, explained that it wasn’t really marriage yet. She and Arthur Apo were only engaged, and now, she's had to call it all off after she realized some shocking lies had been told to her. Read excerpts from her chat with Stella.

  • Hello Uche, I have a few quick questions for you. I heard your barely a year old marriage has crashed, is this true?
 .. Well that may be true but what isn't true is that it wasn't really marriage yet because it wasn't fully formalised, we were still in the process of formalising it when all hell broke loose, so I was merely Engaged to be married to Ato Ubby.  




  • It was just an introduction? Why didn’t you clear that impression all this while?
…I just felt there was no need to do so because the wedding plans was to follow shortly, unfortunately it didn’t because things didn’t work out the way it should. I walked into a no-win situation.

  • What happened? 
This is really a hard question to answer, but all I can say is that barely one month into the engagement and in the process of planning a formal wedding I realized I had made the greatest mistake of my life. The foundation of the union was based on lies and deceit.. shocking lies. We had been dating for a almost year and I thought I knew it all but nothing prepared me for what unfolded.
  • Is he married already?
...No, he isn't married to anyone else




  • You got pregnant in the process?
On the verge of trying to salvage the situation I found out I was expecting a child. I kept quiet to the rumours making the rounds because I was left with the option of thinking for my child and trying to salvage a dead situation but now I have finally made up my mind to break off the engagement and my reasons are irreconcilable...

  • Uche so you are saying you never got married and the engagement is off?
 I just want to be left alone to take care of my child. Stella, I wasn't married, I was engaged to be married but as things stand now, the engagement is officially broken due to irreconcilable differences and since I am having my baby soon, my doctors has advised me to rest as my health and that of my baby is the most important thing right now..

  • So you are the one walking away and not him? You want to go into details?
..Yes I am the one walking out on the pack of lies, I am not going to pretend because I want to be married, I am not desperate and I would rather swallow my pride and accept I made a big mistake than forge ahead in lies. I am sorry I cannot go into details because I do not want to trade words or run my ex down because he is the father of the child I am carrying. I am sorry if keeping quiet misled people into my status was already married. The excitement of looking forward to birthing my child kinda numbs the shock and disappointment but I will be fine. 

  • So, after the introduction, the planned marriage was dead on arrival?
…exactly and all this while, we have been trying to settle the issues, that's probably how you got hear of it.



In a related development, Blogger  Stella Dimokokorkus got in touch with parents in law of the actress to balance the story and this is what they tell told Stella 


Uche's Parents-In-Law
After speaking with Uche's mother in law,she handed the phone to her husband who said ''we went to her village and paid the bride price and after that she was still bearing her fathers name,i dont know why she didnt change it..if she is saying now that she is not married then she has divorced herself..marriage is not by force.I am the father of Ato and i am telling you now that what she told you is a lie.


I am a servant of God and i cannot tell lies,if she is saying that ''she is not married that means she has rejected us.if she has problems with my son this is the wrong way to go about it but we leave it all to God.I am a veteran Journalist,thank you for balancing this story by calling us because we were shocked when people started calling us to say Uche has denied marrying our son.''





No comments:

Post a Comment