Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 23 July 2015

Emeka Ike's Divorce Mess Latest : He Was The First Man To Ever Make Love To Me, But I Don't Want Him Again - Wife



Emeka Ike and estranged wife 

Ace Actor Emeka Ike yesterday prayed the Lagos Island Customary Court not to dissolved his marriage, saying he still loves his wife, Emma.

Emma had gone to court, seeking dissolution of their 12-year-old marriage.

Emeka, represented by his counsel, Abdul’Hakeem Labi-Lawal, said his client has not appeared in court because he is ill.

“My client is ill but I will try my best possible he comes on the next adjourned date. We indulge the court to give us six months from this day to see if there is possibility of settlement between the couple,” he said.


But Mrs Ike said six months was too long adding that the respondent had two years to reconcile with her but he didn’t.

She said: “The last time I wanted to speak with our children, it was my mother-in-law who

picked the call and asked if I had read Exodus 21 which says that if I go, I shouldn’t return.”

The court’s President, Chief Awos Awosola, said the court could only grant two weeks.

He said: “I am expecting Emeka Ike in this court if he really wants settlement.”

Awosola adjourned the matter till August 12 for further hearing.

After the court rose, Mrs Ike told The Nation that she wasn’t ready to return to her husband. “Over two years since I left the house, he never thought of reconciliation. He had every opportunity to ask me to return but he didn’t. So why now?”she asked.

Mrs Ike said her husband took her last two children from her when she was going for her mother’s burial in February.

“He promised to bring them to me immediately I returned from my mother’s burial but he didn’t. Even when he didn’t allow me access to see our children, I spoke with them on several occasions but now, he doesn’t allow me anymore. My children are now against me, she said.

Mrs Ike said she left her matrimonial home because she could no longer bear being tortured anymore.

“If I was still with him, I may not survive. I was 19-year old when I met him and he was the one who deflowered me. I see no reason I shouldn’t be treated with utmost respect.

“Due to physical torture, my health has been affected. There was even a time I thought I had breast cancer because I felt a lump on one part of my breast.” Mrs Ike said.

She said things became worse last Sunday when she called her husband to speak with their children.

In tears, Mrs Ike said:”I almost went mad when my first son told me on phone that if I truly loved them, I wouldn’t have abandoned them. Even my seven-year-old son whose day wouldn’t be complete without seeing me said he doesn’t love me. I love my children. I miss my children. I never abandoned them. I am in pain. They don’t have any other mother. I really need my children. I am a good woman; I endured so many things as his wife.”

The union produced four children between ages 4 and 13.

Source: The Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment