Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 28 July 2014

Photos: Meet Nigeria's hot representative to 2014 Commonwealth Games











Nichole Denby is American by birth but her mom is part Nigerian. She is on the Nigerian track team that's currently performing at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

Nichole used to run for the USA team, but only recently decided to start running for Nigeria. The 31 year old mother of one explained why she switched.

"It's great honour to compete for an African country where my roots come from, and there is no greater honour for me than to do that. The USA is saturated with athletes, they have so many different people, so they really don’t need anyone else. There is no great honour for me to represent a country like this in Africa, it really is an honour." she said in a recent interview...
See more pics of her after the cut...





Explaining her family ties with Nigeria, Nichole said "It’s on my mother’s side. I don’t even know them, I never met them, I have just seen pictures of them and stuff so yeah, my great-grandfather was actually from Nigeria" she said

Nichole who is married with a daughter has a record finishing time of 12.54seconds.



 
 Her husband and daughter

1 comment:

  1. Let me get this right, she is 31, American by birth and on her father's side and her Mom is part Nigerian. She did not represent Nigeria till she turned 31 and realised the U.S.A has too many "saturated" athletes according to her. She doesn't even know her Nigerian family. Chai! Nigeria sorry.

    ReplyDelete