Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 18 December 2014

Pakistani Teen Whose Entire Class Was Killed In Peshawar Massacre Missed School After Oversleeping

An entire class at the Army Public School in Peshawar, Pakistan was wiped out in Tuesday’s gruesome attack carried out by the Taliban — except for one teen, whose alarm clock malfunctioned and he overslept.

Dawood Ibrahim, 15, is the only survivor of his ninth-grade class, which was mercilessly murdered as six heavily armed Taliban thugs stormed the school and slaughtered some 148 people.

Dawood was at a wedding until late Monday, then overslept and skipped school altogether Tuesday — an incredibly lucky turn of events that has left the teen filled with survivor’s guilt, his brother, Sufyan Ibrahim, told the Express Tribune in Pakistan.

"Dawood isn’t talking to anyone, he isn’t talking at all,” Sufyan Ibrahim told the newspaper. “He is in judo and is a tough child, but he is showing no emotion at all right now. He just attended funerals the entire day. No one from his class survived; every single one of them was killed.”

Dawood Ibrahim escaped Peshawar massacre after his alarm failed to go off and wake him for school.
Dawood Ibrahim escaped Peshawar massacre after his alarm failed to go off and wake him for school.
Other harrowing tales of survival leaked out of the shattered city as reporters were allowed into the school to see the grisly scenes of carnage left behind in the massacre.



One 16-year-old student was shot twice in the legs below the knees and played dead after four of the militants barged into the school’s auditorium screaming “Allahu akbar” and unleashing a fusillade of gunfire.

Shahrukh Khan says he dropped beneath a desk as the militant leader ordered the killers to seek out the cowering students and slaughter them all.

“I folded my tie and pushed it into my mouth so that I wouldn’t scream,” Khan told AFP from his hospital bed in a trauma ward at the Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar. “The man with big boots kept on looking for students and pumping bullets into their bodies. I lay as still as I could and closed my eyes, waiting to get shot again. My body was shivering. I saw death so close and I will never forget the black boots approaching me — I felt as though it was death that was approaching me.”
After the murderers moved on, Khan tried to escape, but couldn’t stand on his own and had to scamper across the floor on his hands and knees.
Relatives of a student, who was injured during an attack by Taliban gunmen on the Army Public School, comfort each other outside Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar.


FAYAZ AZIZ/REUTERS Relatives of a student, who was injured during an attack by Taliban gunmen on the Army Public School, comfort each other outside Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar.



What he saw next was the horrific remains of the jihadists bloodthirsty work.
“When I crawled to the next room, it was horrible. I saw the dead body of our office assistant on fire,

” Khan said. “She was sitting on the chair with blood dripping from her body as she burned.”
He hid behind a door and lost conscious, where he later was found alive and taken to the hospital.

Other students remained traumatized as they remain in the hospital with severe gunshot wounds. One boy has repeatedly screamed, “take me home, they will come back and kill me,” the boy’s father told the Express Tribune.
A view of the blood stained auditorium inside the Army Public School that was attacked by the Taliban militants in Peshawar, Pakistan.

“They killed most of my classmates and then I didn’t know what happened as I was brought to the hospital,” a sobbing Khalid Khan,13 told Reuters.

One boy shot in the chest called his mother, even as the gunfire raged, to reassure that he was fine, despite the gunshot wound. He told his frantic mom that he had survived, while other classmates had been mercilessly shot in the face.

Another child said he was the only one of his 10 friends who escaped the bloodbath after the thugs tracked the teens down inside a school hallway.
Most of the 148 victims were buried Wednesday.

"They finished in minutes what I had lived my whole life for, my son," said laborer Akhtar Hussain, as he buried his 14-year-old, Fahad. "That innocent one is now gone in the grave, and I can't wait to join him, I can't live anymore," he wailed.

With News Wire Services

No comments:

Post a Comment