Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 31 October 2014

I Went Into Cocain Business To Finance My Dad’s Burial — Suspect


Agu-Ifeanyi
Agu Ifeanyi


Three Brazil-based Nigerians have been arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos, with drugs suspected to be cocaine worth N131 million, concealed in female footwears and laptop bags.

The trio of Ezenna Chinonso Joseph, Agu Ifeanyi Kingsley and Okoye Israel were arrested by operatives of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, during the inward screening of passengers on an Emirates flight from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

cocaine-burial

During interrogation, one of the suspects, Agu Ifeanyi Kingsley, 30, told operatives that he was promised N800,000 by an unnamed baron in Brazil, explaining that he opted to transport the drugs to Nigeria to raise money for his father’s burial.

NDLEA Airport Commander, Hamza Umar, disclosed that “Ezenna Chinonso Joseph was found with 11.330kg of cocaine; Agu Ifeanyi Kingsley had in his possession 1.650kg, while Okoye Israel was found with 1.670kg.

“The total quantity of cocaine seized from the three suspects is 14.650kg.

“Two of the suspects, Agu Ifeanyi Kingsley and Okoye Israel were apprehended during the inward screening of passengers on an Emirates flight from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

“The third suspect, Ezenna Chinonso Joseph boarded a Qatar flight also from Dubai with 11.330kg of cocaine hidden in soles of female footwears.”

In his statement, Ezenna, 28, told narcotic investigators that he was promised N2.5 million by his sponsors.

He said: “I am married and my wife is pregnant. I used to manage a boutique here in Nigeria until I lost everything. Out of frustration, I travelled to Brazil in search of employment.

“I decided to smuggle the drugs after being promised 2.5 million naira. My intention was to settle down and invest the proceeds in any legitimate business here in Nigeria,” the Anambra State-born said.

On his part, Agu Ifeanyi Kingsley said he travelled to Brazil six months ago in search of greener pastures but regretted it as his condition was not better as anticipated.

Agu, who hails from Anambra State, said: “ I travelled to Brazil in April this year when my clothes business was almost down. But the few months I spent in Brazil were even worse than it was in Nigeria.

cocaine-burial“As if that was not enough, I received news of my father’s death and I had no money for my flight ticket. Bringing cocaine to Nigeria was my last hope of making some money because I was promised N800,000.”

Okoye Israel Emeka also said he was promised N800,000 to smuggle cocaine to Nigeria, blaming his poor background as the cause.

Said he: ”I am from a poor family. I dropped out of school in Primary 4 due to lack of funds and sponsorship. I managed to raise money with which I travelled to Brazil, where I worked in a bakery.

“But my salary was too meagre and I lived in poverty. I was promised N800,000 to smuggle cocaine to Nigeria,” said the Anambra State-born Agu.
Three Brazil-based Nigerians have been arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos, with drugs suspected to be cocaine worth N131 million, concealed in female footwears and laptop bags.
The trio of Ezenna Chinonso Joseph, Agu Ifeanyi Kingsley and Okoye Israel were arrested by operatives of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, during the inward screening of passengers on an Emirates flight from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/went-drugs-finance-dads-burial-suspect/#sthash.EkQgr2p2.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment