Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 22 October 2014

“I Went Into Drug Trafficking To Pay For My wedding” – Chike Pauline Tells NDLEA






The pressure to have a big, flamboyant  wedding has landed a Nigerian man in big trouble.

Chike Pauline, 40, was arrested at Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) in Lagos, after being caught with one kilogramme of substance suspected to be methamphetamine, Vanguard reports.
 He was apprehended during the outward screening of passengers on a Rwanda Air flight.
During preliminary investigations, Pauline told National Drug Law Agency (NDLEA) officials that he had been lured into drug trafficking because of his desperation to raise money for his wedding coming up in December this year.

“I am a patent medicine dealer in Aba, Abia State. My arrest is very unfortunate because I am a hardworking person. I was deceived into drug trafficking because I was desperate to perform my marriage ceremony by the end of the year. I was optimistic that I will not be arrested, but things did not go according to my expectation. What must I do to set myself free from this predicament?” he said.
He reportedly begged the officials not to imprison him, as he still intends to conduct his wedding in December.
The case is currently under investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment