Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 19 October 2015

End Of Another Era: Emmanuel Emenike follows in the footsteps of Enyeama as he announces retirement on Instagram.







 Al Ain's striker Emmanuel Emenike   has announced his retirement from international football.

 Emenike - top scorer at - follows in the footsteps of Enyeama as he announces retirement on Instagram.

 See what he wrote after the cut




 No more Eagles career! "After 5 great years, I am happy to announce that I have put full-stop to my Nationa team career for the sake of national peace. Its a pleasure for me to have played for this great country. I never regretted it and I think its the best time to end it. Millions thanks to all the fans who have been very supportive during the good and bad times. I am very proud of my performance, I am proud of my team mates and I am very proud of the nation called 'Nigeria'. My AFCON gold medal is a sign of great achievement, My AFCON topscorer award speaks a lot about my commitment and dedication to the team. Super Eagles is a camp not a family house, and it shouldn't be a threat zone for any individual. I have done according to our national anthem. "All my dreams came true in the national team, I dreamt to win Nations Cup for Nigeria after 20-years, I dreamt to played at the World Cup as well as to make a name for myself... In the space of five years, I got them. I'm a winner! "For every dissapointing fans, maybe due to my inability to re-establish my goal scoring instinct for Super Eagles, I will like to say I'm sorry but the ones I had scored counted well for the team. As long as Nigeria remains, you and I will always remember the name 'Emenike'. "Finally, I am happy to make a bow and continue supporting the team everytime. Up Eagles, God Bless Nigeria!


No comments:

Post a Comment