Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 27 May 2014

"Stop Abusing my Husband!" - Dame Patience Jonathan Tells Nigerians




President Goodluck Jonathan's wife, according to a report on Punch, on Tuesday advised Nigerians to desist from abusing her husband because God Himself made him the head of the nation.

While addressing children at an event she organized to mark the 2014 Children’s Day at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja and also quoting from the Holy Bible, Dame Patience said:

“It is bad to abuse our country and the President because God has made him the head. The Almighty God commands us to pray for our leaders. We therefore need to pray for the development of our country and the president.  
Remember that a child that abuses his father and mother is disobeying God’s commandment because the Bible says in Exodus 20:12 that you should honour your father and mother so that you may live long in the land that the Lord your God has given you. The Holy Bible is not referring to only biological parents. Any one that is older than you even for a day must be respected. Let us therefore join hands and rebuild our country Nigeria.”
The event which featured special inter-faith prayers for the release of the schoolgirls also saw some children presenting letters of demand on the abducted girls addressed to the Boko Haram sect to the President’s wife. The President’s wife however said since she did not know members of the sect, she would forward the children’s letters to the National Security Adviser orthe Chief of Defence Staff.
“Let me thank the children that gave me letter to give Boko Haram. Well, I have received your letter, but I am not the one to give it to Boko Haram because I don’t know Boko Haram and I have never seen Boko Haram. But I will give it to the National Security Adviser  or Chief of Defence Staff who will submit your letter accordingly.  


To my children parliament, thank you for your letter. Thank you for your deliberation. I have received what you gave to me. I will make sure I pass it to the President because it is addressed to him and the other one is addressed to Boko Haram. That is why the two are different.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment