Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Divorce Court: I Deny My Husband Sex Because He Has Abandoned Us — Pastor’s wife tells court

Not the actual picture 


A 45 year-old Pastor’s wife, Mrs, Oluwatoyin Olafare, has told a Lagos State Customary Court sitting in Orile that she refused her husband of 18 years sex because he no longer cater for her and the children.

According to the mother of four, who wants a divorce from her husband, Michael Olufare, a pastor affirmed, “I decided to punish my husband with no sex-weapon, because he was no longer caring for me.”

She said: “He gives me blow whenever I ask for the children’s school fees and feeding allowance.’’




The embittered wife, who stated that her husband has failed in his role as a husband and a father, stressed that “he abuses my family whenever we have disagreements. He also demands for sex when he does not care if I have eaten or not. So, I do not allow him to touch me anymore”

Oluwatoyin told the court that Michael had abandoned her and their four children at their residence at 56, Surulere Street, Alimosho area of the state.

Micheal, while responding to his wife’s claim, said he agrees to the dissolution of their 18-year old union but however debunked the allegations of battery and lack of care.

He said: “I don’t beat her, but she nags a lot and causes trouble all around the neighbourhood. She is known as a street fighter and because of her attitude, we were sent out of the house. She does not respect anybody including me; when I was transferred to the missionary quarters, she refused to follow me and so I left.”



The court’s President, Mr. Adegboyega Omilola, adjourned the case till July 2 while urging the couple to go and work on their marriage

Source: NAN

No comments:

Post a Comment