Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Senator Ben Murray-Bruce Donates Wardrobe Allowance To Suffering Osun State Workers



Senator Ben Murray Bruce representing Bayelsa East is gradually warming his way to the heart of thousands of Nigerians after he decided to donate his share of the controversial wardrobe allowance to unpaid workers in Osun state and widows of his constituency in Bayelsa state.

In a series of tweets on his official Twitter account he wrote: “I will not sit down idly, while my fellow citizens die because salaries have not been paid.”

“As a first step, I am immediately donating my wardrobe allowance to unpaid workers in Osun state and widows in my Constituency.”


He then outlined his plans for sharing the allowance. “We are starting in Osun, but we will not end there. I will do as much to help workers who’ve not been paid in other states.”

“I call on all my friends and followers on Twitter and Facebook to donate NON PERISHABLE food items for these our brothers in need.”

“As soon as my wardrobe allowance is paid, I will divide it into 2. Half will be publicly given to the NLC Chairman Osun.”

“The other half will be publicly given to the head of widows association in my community of Akasa,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment