Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 26 June 2015

She Uploaded This Photo To Wish Her Friend Happy Birthday And Then It Caused Social Media Uproar (Read)




image



What started out as an innocent birthday wish to a dear friend quickly degenerated into a free for all.
One Wueseter posted birthday wishes to her supposedly close friend, Yanfa with a awkward picture of them touching their tongues with each other in a manner that suggested a little more than the friends intended.
She wrote:
This pix says it all. “How much i love you, How much you mean to me, How precious you are to me”. You have been a very good sister and friend to me. Been with me in and out, front and back. One this special day of yours i pray God to bless and grant you all your heart desires. Keep you real as always and forever beautiful. My Love for you is real baby girl”

While some simply commented “Happy Birthday “, most people found it disgusting. Here are some of the comments…
Igomu Adams commented:
wait wait waaaaaiiiiiittttttt!!!! wer u guyz lik tongue to tongue in dis pix????
Kersha Atu commented:
Girls are terrible these days…
Wanter Tor-Uja commented:
I’m one of the most liberal people on the planet…. and this picture irritates me. It’s in very poor taste my dear. Granted all things are lawful, but not all things are expedient.
Sam Ijoho commented:
Is this really necessary..?
If you have a ‘reasonable’ sense of humour, you would know that the society we live in, is in serious war with ‘morality’, decadence and as such should understand better than to post a picture of such controversial disposition.. Unless ofcourse, YOU POSTED EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEANT
In her reaction, Miss   Wueseter who uploaded the picture in the first place had this to say about the picture: 
Good afternoon my dear friends, earlier this week, I posted a picture innocently and it raised all sorts of comments most of them derogatory and offensive. Here’s my statement on the matter.
On Monday this week, I shared a picture of myself and a good friend on her birthday. In the picture our tongues touched without emotional attachment but more of mischief. Innocently I declared my love for my friend who’s been my friend for as long as I’ve been a cognitive being.
I know love has been bastardized and reduced to mean carnal knowledge, but I was referring to pure love the type a mother has for her new born child, when I expressed love towards my friend.
While many people misinterpreted my gesture and people I know from nowhere took their time to call us all sorts of names, I am grateful to those who have been supportive. I was angry afterwards that I couldn’t find my appetite, and I pondered on the reason why some individuals would spread such vile hate about another human. Then a wise friend said to me “in this world of ours it’s okay to hate openly but love is met with disdain. That is why a verbal attack on a fellow human is seen as nothing when in reality it has far reaching effects and has led to suicidal tendencies”
But for God and His unending mercies, maybe those comments on my person would have gotten to me more than they did. I am amazed at how God’s grace can be available to me despite all my sins. I am over the occurrence and not a single bad feeling has lingered on. Towards God I am again speechless in awe of his love.
I admit the picture might not be agreeable with the precepts of some. Not that it gives anyone the right to slander me and my friend as they did.
Nonetheless, I thank all my friends for standing by me for it is in times like these that God shows us who truly has our backs. It is indeed a miracle and I am eternally grateful to God for the eye opening opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment