Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 18 June 2015

Nigerian OAP Shine Begho says Cool FM told her to choose between her job and marriage (Read)







About a month ago, OAP Shine Begho of COOL FM who presented the morning show with Mannie as one of the angels on The Good Morning Nigeria Show quietly left the station. In an exclusive with that1960chick.com the media personality who joined the station in 2011 and also presented “The Sunday Chill Out Zone and Tweet with Shine” reveals why she left the popular Lagos radio station saying:

Cool FM no doubt was a great platform, I just wanted to grow with the platform and my brand, that was the plan,I had given myself two years and I would make a huge mark, but it was more than two years, I felt stagnant, growth was extremely slow. I don’t play politics. No matter how hard I worked to prove myself it felt like there was a negative force trying to take me down. So i thought to myself, “is this the best place, is this all I can do?”. In an organization were favoritism was the order of the day and I put in work. I needed a change.





She went on to add that things at the station got worse for her when she tied the knot with Seth Usanga (Stylist & Fashion Designer) in February earlier this year. Shine told us,

Things got worse after I got married, less than two months after getting married, I was told to go to move to Cool FM Abuja. My married life just started! I can’t leave my husband just like that! My position wasn’t considered at all even though I begged for management to see reason!

It came across to me they didn’t care about my new life. They said my husband didn’t have a say in this decision and indirectly told me to choose between my job and my marriage. Of course I choose my marriage! It was not a hard decision to make, I have been taken for granted, I have been stagnant, it was time to make a change.


So what is Shine Begho up to now that she’s no longer at Cool FM? She tells us:

I decided to man up and take a bold step, I quit. NOW I do free lance presenting & MC-ing work and I’m in the process of starting up my own media company – Vendrika Media. Thank God for the support of a good husband, we are in this together so now I am about to shoot my own TV shows while also presenting syndicated radio shows like the “Spirit of success party” radio show that airs every Friday at 9.30pm on all Rhythm Fm radio stations nationwide. Since I left coolfm it’s been a blessing, it’s time to own my own thing, it’s not going to be easy but the end result is going to be huge and am excited.

She tells us more about her media company:

Vendrika Media is the name of the production company owned by my husband and I, we will be producing my TV shows that will air on different platforms. The show is also in partnership with AVF1, they saw the potential of how different my shows are going to be and together both companies are going to change the game of television shows in Nigeria God willing.

Her 96.9 Cool FM story

I joined Cool FM in 2011 before then I was with other radio stations doing my thing, I already had a career and a voice on radio before joining Coolfm which was my dream radio station, I remember the first time I sent my CV to Ccool FM, I didn’t get a call back maybe because I didn’t have a radio experience that was in 2007, so I became a TV presenter, but always wanted to have that radio experience and my opportunity came in 2008 , I went back to cool FM and this time I had a call back and that day I was on the front page of a newspaper, it was awesome it felt good, I got the job with my dream radio station.

Such a shame things ended with Cool FM the way it did, we wish Shine all the best as she embarks on new ventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment