Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 30 April 2015

Aggrieved Husband wants wife to refund N1.4m marriage expenses

Not The Actual Picture 



A middle-aged-man, Collins Nduka, on Thursday pleaded with an Ojo Customary Court in Lagos State to order his wife, Sefinat Nduka, to refund N1.4 million he spent in marrying her.

Collins told the court that his wife, whom he married three years ago, had decided to abandon her matrimonial home for more than a year.



“I would want a refund of the amount that I spent as marriage and dowry expenses because she has become unfaithful.

“My wife is not faithful to the marriage because she has other relationships apart from me and I no more love her. After all, she has not given birth to any child for me.

The most painful thing is that she has parked all my belongings in my house to an unknown place in addition to her emptying my shop which I stocked with over N750,000,” he said.

According to him, the three-year-old marriage is being threatened and every bit of her action portrays her as someone no longer interested in the union.


“I invited my friends from outside the country to make the marriage an expensive one and after it, she wants to leave me for another man, I need my dowry so she can be free,” Nduka said.

He pleaded with the court to dissolve the marriage and order Sefinat to return his belongings which she allegedly parked away and money to him so that he could continue with his life.

Sefinat, who was absent in court, had earlier told the court that she did not cart away her husband’s property as he had alleged.

She, however, said that she was ready for the divorce.

The President, Chief Joseph Ogunmola, while advising the husband on the dangers of divorce, instructed that the respondent be invited to the court.

“The court does not dissolve any marriage except in extreme cases, we need the consent of both parties before judgment so she must be invited, “he said.

Ogunmola, therefore, adjourned the case to May19 for further hearing.

NAN




No comments:

Post a Comment