Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Massive Demolition In Abuja Today, Houses, Shops, Offices Destroyed By Federal Capital Development Authority [See Photos] -






It was total Mayhem today at the Kubwa axis of Abuja as bulldozers protected by 6 military men belonging to the FCDA unleashed terror as they bulldozed houses, shops and buildings that were marked for  demolition only 3 weeks ago.

What brought my attention to the wanton destruction was the wailing’s of the crowd as the bulldozer brought down one building after another,

 I quickly dashed out and what I saw was saddening, shops, offices and building being destroyed, even as cries from the
tenants of such buildings to give them time to evacuate fell on deaf ears, the bulldozer driver took instruction from one man only and I guess he was the leader of the FCDA( Federal Capital Development Agency ) team, all he needed do was point at your building and it was down in seconds.
the bulldozer bringing down a shop

As I watched in amazement I quickly brought out my phone and started taking pictures, no sooner than I had started, I got a warning from a passerby ‘oga hide your phone oh, them they seize phones if dem catch you dey take picture, dem don seize plenty already’ I was glad by the warning as I became smarter with the taking of pictures, but I thought, why are they seizing camera’s and phones? Don’t we have a right to take pictures? Or are they scared of something else?

 Well I was not allowed to linger away in my thoughts as another building crumbling down brought me back to reality, this time it was really bad, this particular demolition had its effects on a residential building, heeding to the warning I waited for the bulldozer and her crew to move and I quickly dashed into the building, it was obvious this particular destruction had gone beyond limit.

I quickly inquired who lived there and the cry of woman answered me ‘they have destroyed my children’s room, now my children have nowhere to sleep, she took me to the room and I saw the damage, while I was sad at what happened, I imagined what would have been the case if the children were on the bed asleep, thank God they went to school ,
Mrs Ifeoma Uwaezuoke still crying asked, “will  you people come and repair the room” I answered, ma am, I'm A  blogger am not with them, she actually thought I was coming to check the level of damage done in a bid to pay compensation,
 sadly I don’t think the FCDA has such plans, I left the house promising the lady “I will publish this story and ensure it goes viral, maybe someone somewhere will read it and compensate you”

Now I have published the story, will you help make it viral, so people like Mrs Ifeoma Uwaezuoke can get her house fixed, and her kids can sleep in peace.
many of these shop owners just renewed their rents, most families this is the only source of their livelihood, this FCT Administration should be more caring and not causing more hardships,

See more photos here

Culled from Abujamedia.com
 




No comments:

Post a Comment