Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 21 October 2013

My husband treats me like a maid, I want divorce- Wife



The husband pleaded that he still loved his wife.

A housewife, Rukayat Mohammed, on Monday urged an Ilorin Area Court to dissolve her three-year-old marriage to Gani because the husband treated her like house maid.
Rukayat, 29, of Sango Area, Ilorin, told the court that Gani relegated her to such level instead of respecting and honouring her as a wife.
She told the court that her husband was fond of maltreating her and did not accord her any marital status.

“My husband will at times insult me and shout at me if I failed to carry out some of my bulky domestic chores,” Rukayat said.

The petitioner said the marriage was contracted in 2010 and had produced a female child.
“I want an end to this marriage because I cannot continue to live like a maid in my matrimonial home,” she said.

Gani objected to the prayer of his wife, saying: “I am still interested in the marriage.
“I promise to always respect my wife and accord her the respect she deserves for the sake of my marriage,” Gani said.
He, however, urged the court to grant him an adjournment to enable him reconcile with the wife.
The Presiding judge, Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case to Nov. 5 for a report of settlement.
(NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment