Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 24 October 2013

SIZZILING DIARY OF A PROFESSIONAL WOMAN:NO STRINGS ATTACHED.






NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

This week has been very busy week at work so I have not really spent time thinking about my last week’s break up. I am now on my way to Brazil and I have the space to think whilst on the flight. 

Why am I hurting this much, I always thought I could leave you and move on, but here I am affected by the break up. I had to recall how it started some years ago.

 The eternal question that tortures every single woman who wants to have some fun but not get emotionally involved with anyone, is could it really be no strings attached affair?. If you had asked me some years ago I would have answered in a split second, without even thinking about it “of course it can be just sex, you don’t need to get emotionally involved!” Well, Now I am older and I have to admit, with great regret, that I might not have been right.  I have been trying to solve this great mystery with friends and it seems that everyone’s opinion varies on the subject. So I decided that maybe I should give my experience on this topic and try to draw some conclusions out of it.  

 

 

I have known him for years, but I was never actually friends with him. I always thought that he seemed like a nice guy, a good laugh, but never actually thought more of him.  He was the first to approach me, first as a friend and then flirting subtly with me. I had to give it to him; this guy was smart. He knew how to play the game without making too obvious what he was after. He was really nice, he would talk to me quite often (but not all the time, so he gave me some breathing space as well!) and most of all he made me laugh. Unfortunately at the time, I was not looking for a relationship, and little did I know that neither was he.  Yes, I did reciprocate the flirting, but when we went out a few times, I kept some safe distance, just to make it clear that I wasn't up for dating.

When a few months had passed by, it was time to have a serious conversation with him. I got ready to turn him down nicely (and let’s just say a little part of me took pleasure in it, it gave me that feeling of having someone chase after me… I know what you are thinking, and yes I’m embarrassed!). Imagine my surprise when he looked at me with a smile and said “I don’t want a relationship either!” I felt humiliated and embarrassed for my overconfidence and arrogance! But to my great surprise he added: “What do you say to just having some fun?” and winked. No one had ever asked me that before, but I always believed that casual sex was no big deal. And I was right, for the next two years it wasn't.  We had a great time together. We would meet up whenever someone was available, no commitment, we could date other people if we wanted to, if we had to cancel then no one would moan over it or complain, and the sex… oh the sex was just great! With no feelings there were no insecurities and with no insecurities… everything was possible! I wouldn't care if I looked good doing this or that, or if I was perfectly waxed, if I had enough make up on and so on and so forth. I would just go there and it would be great every time! I had no insecurities about trying anything new and I would just be myself, both in the bedroom (or kitchen, office, car, couch, etc ) and outside of it! And when we weren’t having sex, we would be having a good laugh over a glass of wine and a nice pleasant conversation. Being with him was just easy and fun, and I never questioned wanting anything more from him… until he went to work on a contact in Australia. Imagine how difficult it is to stay in a long distance relationship for years… almost impossible. Now you would think since two people in love couldn’t manage to save their relationship from the distance, what chance did we stand to save our ‘relationship’? So naturally, when I thought it was all over, and I thought that the past two years were great, a lot of fun, but that it's time to move on. I wished him all the best, told him we’ll talk and catch up every now and then and that was it. Well, little did I know, that my story with him did not come to an end there, but it was just the beginning of a very messed up situation.

Yawns ……. I am tired and will get some sleep, stay tuned for “the twist in my special relationship”

No comments:

Post a Comment