Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday 26 October 2013

MY LORD,THIS DROPOUT OF A MAN USED JUJU IN CHARMING ME INTO MARRIAGE

Divorce Court is always a funny place to be, the drama, accusation and counter accusation makes it emotional at times.

All right, sit back and enjoy this dramatic story and a lesson for all


" A 29-year-old medical student, Mrs Ariyike Adebiyi,  has urged an Agege Customary Court in  Lagos State to dissolve her marriage to a man she described as a dropout.

Ariyike, a student of the Obafemi Awolowo University,(OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun State, told the court that her 33-year-old husband, Femi, charmed her  into marrying  him.

Ariyike was responding to a divorce suit filed by Femi, an estate agent.
The student consented to the marriage dissolution and sought the custody of their one-year-old child.

“I can’t imagine myself married to a dropout, if not that he charmed me. My marriage to Femi is nothing but a mirage.
“I wanted to use Femi as my case study when I was writing my project, but it turned out to be this mess.

“My family didn’t allow me to go with him after our engagement ceremony.
“I packed my things to his house two months after the  ceremony  but  was maltreated by his family.
“My husband drinks, smokes Indian hemp and comes home late at night, yet I endured because of my pregnancy,” she said.
She stated  that her mother paid the medical bills when she was delivered of their baby.
“My husband did not show up at the hospital and to cap it all,  his younger sister beat me up barely 48 hours after I was delivered of our baby and I fainted,’’ she said.

Femi had told the court that his parents-in-law prevented his wife from  going with  him  after their engagement ceremony.
He added that they prevented him from seeing his wife and child.
“I want the court to dissolve the union and grant me  access to my child,’’ he prayed.
The court president, Mr. Emmanuel, told the couple to maintain peace, and adjourned the case till November 5.

Now you have it, very funny narrative. All right, let your  take.

1 comment:

  1. What was the case study for pls?

    ReplyDelete