Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 1 October 2013

DIVORCE COURT: ‘My wife is a drunkard’

 

 
Forty-eight-year-old Monsuru Ojelabi on Tuesday told the Agege Customary Court that his wife, Abosede Ojelabi is a drunkard. Ojelabi contended that it was the for his wife to leave their home for a party on Saturday and come home on Sunday heavily drunk. Monsuru also told the court that he caught his wife with a fetish made with a lizard.

Despite all these allegations, however, Mosuru said he was not ready for the dissolution of his 20-year marriage to Abosede. His words: “She always goes to parties on Saturday and comes back at times on Sunday heavily drunk. I have received quit notice from my landlord because my wife always comes home very late in the night.

At times she comes home around 11pm. “ I also caught her with a fetish object which was made with a lizard and when I confronted her, she told me that the juju was specially made to boost her sales. She left my house two weeks after I caught her with the object. “I am not ready for divorce because my children don’t want me to divorce her.

Presently, I have two out of our four children with me while the remaining two are with her. But I will like to have custody of my four children, but I know our eldest child may want to stay with her because sh always sends her on errands to men.”

In her respond, Mrs. Abosede Ojelabi asked the court to dissolve the 20- year marriage because of too much trouble and constant beating. “I want dissolution of the marriage. He is too troublesome,” she said. The court adjourned the case to further date for judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment