Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Channels TV Stops Governor Amaechi’s Verbal Attacks On Wike, On Live TV, For Breach Of Broadcast Code



Channels TV Stops Amaechi’s Verbal Attacks On Wike, On Live TV, For Breach Of Broadcast Code



Frontline television news station, Channels TV interrupted a live speech by Governor Rotimi Amaechi, for allegedly making remarks that breach the station’s broadcast policy. After abruptly interrupting the Governor’s speech, the station offered that “Certain views expressed by Gov. Amaechi happen to be in breach of code of conduct that guides the things we do”.
Embedded image permalink



Governor of Rivers state, Amaechi was speaking at his 50th birthday public lecture in Port Harcourt. The Governor dished on a plethora of issues, most notably on the emergence of PDP’s Nyesom Wike as the Governor-elect of Rivers state. Here are some excerpts, from his speech.



On Wike, Gov. Amaechi said “the road to his village was built by me”.

He further expressed the resolve of the APC to challenge Wike’s victory at the Rivers gubernatorial polls “We must go to court”.

Amaechi went ahead to make implying statements, allegedly directed  at Wike. He describes Wike as;

“Killing people like a thug. God will no longer allow people who kill people to be Governor of Rivers state. He will allow only those who worship him. I am not perfect. If I said I was, I’d be lying. My priest continues to pray for me, he has told me God says we will defeat Nyesom Wike. God will not allow a killer to become Governor but we must learn to be patient. You must share part of my spirit of resistance.”

He added that; “They haven’t been sworn in and they are already writing letters to banks. Where did they get letter head from? The miracle of God will happen again in Port harcourt. I have done my eight years and let’s see what happens to theirs.”

It would be recalled that Governor-elect Wike, had promised to do a forensic audit on the state accounts, upon assumption of office. Amaechi responded that “A thief cannot call me corrupt. He was my Chief of Staff. If I have no records, I have records on him”.


Nyesom Wike, Governor-elect of River state, has been involved in a bitter clash of words with incumbent Governor Rotimi Amaechi; after their fallout. Wike, had served as the Chief of Staff during Amaechi’s first tenure in 2007 and also acted as the Director General of Amaechi’s re-election campaign bid in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment