Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Stories That Inspire Us: "I Dropped Out Of Secondary School And Used To Be A Motor Park Tout"-Benue State incoming Governor, Chief Samuel Ortom






Benue State incoming Governor, Chief Samuel Ortom, has said his sojourn from motor park tout to an elected governor is a divine arrangement.

Ortom, who spoke to The PUNCH in an interview in Makurdi on Wednesday, said his elevation from grass to grace was due to hard work and his firm belief in the grace of God.


He said, “My journey from motor park tout to an elected governor is purely a divine arrangement. I cast my mind back to when I dropped out of school in Form Two; but I remained hardworking and I did not engage in crime to survive or fend for myself.

“One thing I know is that hard work pays and you must keep faith in God; power belongs to God and He alone gives to whomever he will.”

The former Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment said he dropped out of secondary school due to lack of funds to pay school fees but that he did not go astray or engage in criminal activities to survive


No comments:

Post a Comment