Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 18 May 2015

Stories That Inspires Us : Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor Kechi Okwuchi Graduates From College





Kechi Okwuchi before the crash




Kechi Okwuchi after the crash





Kechi Okwuchi  was In secondary school  Jesuit college Abuja when she survived Soliso  plane crash in 2005  that killed 107 people, including her close friend who was sitting next to her on that plane and Late Pastor  Bimbo Odukoya 



She said, "I remember just saying I don't know, but I think we should pray or something, I don't know. We actually never got a chance. That's the last memory I have before I blacked out."



Kechi was one of only two survivors on that plane. Medical treatments at the Shriner's Hospital in Galveston brought her to the US. She was burned over most of her body. Kechi has had more than 100 surgeries, including skin grafts. Doctors placed pins to support her hands.



Then, Kechi started school at the University of Saint Thomas. There are challenges.



"I don't want to always be thinking people are probably staring at me like crazy right now. If I catch someone staring, I just smile," she said.



Kechi's second chance at life transformed normal fears into why not? She competed to give the commencement speech at St. Thomas and won. 

She delievered the commencement speech at her convocation last  Saturday 



She is such an inspiration and we surely wish her all the best 


See photos from her graduation below




Kechi with her mum















No comments:

Post a Comment