Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 17 September 2015

"Daniel Amokachi Is Still The Coach Of My Club"-Ifeanyi Ubah Speaks


Why Daniel Amokachi left Ifeanyi Ubah FC


Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side, FC Ifeanyi Ubah, has denied that coach Daniel Amokachi has resigned.



According to reports, the former Super Eagles assistant coach, was asked to stay away from the Nnewi team, after what was described as a case of insubordination.

Amokachi then allegedly threw in the towel and returned to his base in Kaduna. But the president of the club, Chief Ifeanyi Ubah insists he is not aware.


“No, I am not aware of his resignation,” the businessman told Vanguard Sports.

“I have an understanding with Amokachi and if he is saying to the press that he has resigned, has he shown them the contract papers and a copy of his resignation letter?

‘What if I also go to the same press and say I fired him? I have not seen anybody who resigned at night. I have no problem with him. He is my friend and I cannot truncate his career. On our part, we have not fired him.”

The President of the club continued, “they (players and officials) were asked to return to base after the match in Port Harcourt. So what? Was it the first time they were being asked to return after a match?” he asked with a tinge of anger in his voice.


“When you are working in a particular setting, you abide by the rules that guide that place. Above all, he has not met the target set for him. The target was not for the entire season but for a number of matches and he has not met it,” the club President said without explaining what the target was.

“I am not going into a press war with him. Until I see his resignation letter or meet with him one on one, I will not want to say anything more than what I have said. What I won’t tolerate, however, is if he goes about making public statements that will tarnish the image of my club.”

1 comment: