Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday 13 September 2015

The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos)


The couple
 A Nigeria-Ghana wedding happened on the 11th of July, 2015 between Ellis Enobun & Priscilla Asafo-Asamoah.

The lovebirds who love to be addressed as the modern day ‘Adam and Eve’ met in 2012 and today they can’t do without each other.


How they met:

We met through a mutual friend who was my course mate. We got talking and I realized he was a young Evangelist and we shared similar childhood experiences, which resulted in us calling ourselves “TWEENY” on a friendly note. Initially there was no interest but I was intrigued by his passion for preaching the gospel even as a Lawyer.

Towards the middle of 2012 our communication became consistent. His charisma and confidence swept me off my feet and I started developing feelings for him, but was too shy to communicate it to him as his main focus was Ministry and Studies.

As an expression of my feelings for him, not knowing how he felt towards me, I extended an invite to him and his friends to come over to my flat regularly to have dinner, and boy! oh boy! did I cook them some exquisite Ghanaian dishes, which interestingly he loved as it was his first time eating Ghanaian meals.

Our bond grew stronger and Ellis became my source of encouragement when I was going through some difficult times. Through all these wonderful times, I knew he will be my soul mate. We have been together since that day.


The Proposal
I visited Ellis and his family in Nigeria in March 2013. One evening at the family house, he called me and told me his mom and himself wanted to have a chat with me.

I was nervous because I didn’t know what to expect. I sat there contemplating why the sudden call. Ellis’s mum beckon on him to talk. He started stuttering, and I was even more confused. His mum, laughing at him decided to tell me why I was called.

Since this was Ellis’ first relationship, he just didn’t know how to ask me to marry him. As his mum was speaking I noticed he was sweating profusely. Suddenly, in a blink of an eye, he summed up courage, got on his knees in the presence of his mum to ask me to be his wife. I was in shock and could not believe this. I was in tears whiles saying “YES YES YES”.

I immediately got hold of my phone and in tears called my dad in Ghana to tell him of what just happened. My dad was ecstatic and I later got to know he was in on the plans, as Ellis and my dad had earlier met in London to discuss.

I also found out later, that Ellis purchased a ring a year before meeting me in Leicester and somehow had faith that he will meet his future wife soon.It was the beginning of one of the most amazing days in my life and I bless God.
 

Now check out these loved up photos of them and photo credit goes to Wedding In Nigeria
 ghanannigeria6 ghananiigeria6 ghananigeria5 ghananigeria4 ghananigeria2 ghananigeria3 ghananigeria

1 comment: