Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 4 September 2015

Julius Agwu Shares Touching Story of His Brain Tumour Surgery, Says He Never Realized What Was Happening




Popular Nigerian comedian, Julius Agwu had a brain surgery four months ago after a tumor was discovered in his brain.

The comedian popularly known as ‘Julius D Genius’ recently had an interview with Channels Television where he spoke about the entire ordeal.
“Jumping all the hurdles and challenges of life, so many of us don’t really know what is going on inside. Nobody carries signboard of ill-health. So, I never realized what was happening, I just noticed that at some point, I was loosing weight.
 Initially, I was working out trying to look shapely, because as soon as you clock 40 you begin to take some of those things seriously. I just noticed the over-work, stress and everything,” he said.
In what was his first appearance on public TV since April 2015, the comedian fingered lack of rest as a reason for the poor health of Nigerians
“In Nigeria, we really don’t rest, we hustle and hustle, we just keep working but oyinbo (white men) will work for vacation and settle, you know, rest. But our own, we hustle and even when we die, we’re still working as ancestors through consultations (Laughs).”
He said the entire brain problem all began with strange headaches before it metamorphosed into a seizure that landed him in hospital.

“I just realized that once in a while, I would have headache, take the normal pain relievers and it will go down until I had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital. That was the beginning of the story, when I eventually regained consciousness, I lost all my memory and I couldn’t walk properly.

My wife and I had to go to Houston (USA), because we had to find out what was really happening to me. That was how through an MRI, it was discovered that I had tumours in my brain and an emergency surgery was advised. So, I thank God it went well and God has been perfecting my healing. Since April till now,I’ve never really done anything as regards my career. I thank God. I am back and alive. God has been merciful, He gave me a second chance,” he added.

According to the 42-year-old, the tumour found at the back of his head was the size of a golf ball but he assured his fans that he is now alright. He is expected back in the country this September.

No comments:

Post a Comment